Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 furbabies who I haven'y seen in 2 1/2 years, ready to come back home to me. Long story short... I had to let a woman in Colorado adopt them because I was unable to care for them. She just informed me that she is having health issues and cannot care for them anymore, but fortunately a friend is allowing them to be sent to his place where he will help me since I am still fighting for disability.

Anyway, we are trying to use the same Facebook organization called URRKN that transported them from Arkansas to Colorado (they are a non profit with all volunteer drivers). Problem is that we only have 2 weeks before this woman has to move and they might not be able to get enough drivers for the trip in time... so an online friend has offered to pay for their flight to here if need be.

I need 3 carriers "medium size" and not finding any that seem to lock very well. The ones I am seeing all have simple locking mechanisms that look like they can easily pop open if bumped the wrong way. Was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction to a carrier they might have used during a flight and any tips on securing the carriers so they don't accidentally pop open.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Bruce,
I know we have members, that have flown before with their cats...
I hope some of them will jump in here, with some ideas and suggestions for you!
Sharon

·
Super Moderator
18,399 Posts
Zip or cable ties. You may need to drill a hole in the plastic portion of the carrier. They make zip ties that are reusable so if the cats need to be removed somewhere along the way, they can be resecured when they are put back in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts