Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone we are officially TTC #2!!!!! YAY!!!!

Eric is also going to sleep in his own crib but in our room for now. Once he's been going to sleep in his own crib for about a week with us there the whole time I will be reading him a story and then just comming down stairs 20 minutes after i put him in his crib and then three days later it'll be 15 minutes after and so on and so on and so on until i just read him his bed time stories, put him in his crib, and come right down stairs.

Please wish me luck. I am also going to go apply for a job today or tomorrow! Wish us luck everyone!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I knew! but it is not something everyone would know. There is a whole other launguage out there for people TTCing!

Good luck!

·
Registered
449 Posts
how old is Eric?
I read somewhere that in order for the older child to not feel replaced couples should wait till the older one is about 4 before having another child

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eric is a;most 22 months old, but he's a good child. My cousin was over here one day wit her baby and after they left he was asking where the baby went lol it was cute. he would say "baby, baby?" "baby gone" it was cute!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
HAHA man, I saw TTC and thought "Toronto Transit Commission" (or whatever it stands for. The Toronto busses and subway and streetcars are run by the TTC)

Now that I'm over that confusion, YAY! *fingers crossed*

·
Banned
11,031 Posts
vanillasugar said:
HAHA man, I saw TTC and thought "Toronto Transit Commission" (or whatever it stands for. The Toronto busses and subway and streetcars are run by the TTC)

Now that I'm over that confusion, YAY! *fingers crossed*
Lol, that is what I thought too! :lol: Good luck w/ the TTC! :wink:

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
Cassandra said:
how old is Eric?
I read somewhere that in order for the older child to not feel replaced couples should wait till the older one is about 4 before having another child
I was 4 when my sister was born. I felt totally replaced 8O 8O 8O

I think it is actually better to have them close together so the first child doesn't even know he used to be "exclusive"

TTC can also stand for Threshold of Toxicological Concern :D

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
In my experience working with children... Either close together or farrrr apart. My god daughter is 5 and has a 3 month old brother and all she wants to do is help with EVERYTHING, pick him up, play with him etc and she doesn't quite understand why she can't.

Around the same age, they don't have this problem as the oldest has not reached a great state of independance themselves yet.

With a gap of about 8 years, the older brother or sister is able to help more, and feel more included. My cousin was absolutely in love with his baby brother when he was born and would sit holding him and stroking his hair gently. He cried so much when his Mum refused to let them sleep in same room so he could help with the night feeding :p She couldn't understand it because her oldest had previously not been interested at all in having a younger brother.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I think 2 years is ideal; three years is too much. My girls were 22 months apart. It was perfect! They really bonded.

My sister and I were three years apart, and after she started school, she wanted nothing to do with me until she got married and I started to babysit for her. She never considered me an equal, however.

I had the same experience with my boys, who are six years apart. My older boy was so sweet to the new baby until the baby was old enough to bother him. Then he resented him for touching his things, for walking across a room, for breathing....... :roll: I'm sure there was love, but certainly not friendship.

I strongly recommend having your children relatively close together. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts