Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone posted recently about their cat eating bugs - Tuffy has been having a lark in the new apartment because there have been a few bugs he's toyed with, and quick ate before I could get them away from him. They crunch when he munches on them and I think it is SOO gross. I have no idea what kind of bug it is but EWWWWW.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Once I was sitting on the couch when a fly just dropped onto the cushion next to me (and died?). I had *just* turned my head to look at it when Lola jumped up, ate it, and then ran away. I guess she was too lazy to try to eat it when it was alive.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I saw it first, a moth that is, on the bathroom floor. Ritz caught a glimpse of it, Ritz was quite excited I touched the moth so it would fly. The moth went behind the light fixture. I got up on the toilet to see if I could make the moth fly some more. I didn't see it. I explained to Ritz that I was sorry, I wasn't sure where the bug was, that it might have died (insert sad face here) but if I could, I would make sure she (Ritz) had access to it.
30 minutes later she was still going back and forth to the bathroom to see what she could see. Catch. Eat. (I understand moths aren't good eatin'.)
(I thought BRIEFLY of buying some crickets and letting them loose in my condo. But while I'll do almost anything for Ritz, I have to draw the line somewhere.)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
My girls LOVE bugs!

Samantha really only goes for moths. She treats them like a special delicacy (when she can actually catch one!).

Rochelle and Alice will go after anything. They love to catch and eat spiders and roaches (eww!) in the apartment, which is the majority of the bugs we get indoors. The occasional silverfish or beetle or other creepy-crawly will get in, and they get attacked, played with, and eaten too. :)

When I go the pet store to get crickets for my tarantula, I always get a few extra so I can put them in the tub for Alice and Rochelle to hunt down. Samantha has little interest in tub crickets. :p

The only bug Alice won't touch, is the stink bug. She found out why you don't mess with them the hard way. :?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Right now I live in an apartment, but in a few weeks we're moving to a house with a garage, so I figured I would let some crickets loose in their for Lola.

·
Banned
948 Posts
I do buy crickets for my cats, but I don't set them loose in the house! *yikes!!* I dump them in the tub after covering the drain. The crickets can't get out of the tub, and the cats still have to chase and pounce a bit to catch them. A win-win. :p

AC

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I just discovered that Misa loves chasing flies. She was chasing one today. lol

Aww!! I think most cats like chasing bugs. Tuffy sounds like a quite character.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts