Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We've had the door open for two days and one night now with both cats interacting. No fights - rarely any hissing, Satin only hisses when she gets tired of Tuffy invading her space. He follows her everywhere she goes - pounces on her, and acts like she is a new toy I got just for him, a real live toy! It's rather funny to watch actually. Here is a photo I snapped last night while hubby was getting them both to play with a wand toy. They interact pretty well I think for being so new to each other.

In this one I caught Satin looking up - watching the wand toy - shows the pretty markings on her neck.

And here again watching the toy - very alert as you can see -

She sits so pretty when I find her sitting still, which is not often, when she wants to nap she's been going under our bed, and Tuffy stays with me. I'm not sure if she chases him out from under the bed or if he just knows that she needs time out - I haven't seen her chase him but then I don't have my eyes on them every minute of the day.

Here is one showing Tuffy following Satin, I think she gets abit tired of it but has been very patient with him.

And finally, a picture of Tuffy yesterday morning helping me look for the chicken stock.. :)

So all in all it's been going pretty good. Satin plays with Tuffy or us with a wand toy, but still does NOT like to be approached or touched in any way. I've been just letting her roam free - hoping she warms up sometime to us - trying to be patient!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Beautiful cats...they both have lovely markings! It's nice to finally get to see Satin's face...she's gorgeous! Glad things are working out so far with the two of them. I'm sure Satin will come around, once she realizes she's in a safe place surrounded by those that love her. :smile:

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
They're both beautiful. It's nice to see them getting along so well together, especially since they haven't been together very long. Hopefully, Satin will start to warm up to you more once she gets more used to you and her new home.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Their patterns are SO pretty and lustrous! Must be hard to give Satin her space since she's such a pretty girl. At certain times my girls don't feel very cuddly, and it's hard to respect their wishes because all I want to do is bury my face in their fluffiness!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts