Cat Forum banner

Tummy upset? or hmmm?

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Susan 
#1 ·
Rarely do my cats ever get sick, but my girl is sick today. Alkee is 6 y.o. Devon spay girl, and has never been sick in her life, except today. This morning was the first time she refused to eat. She's sitting or crouched down not looking very relaxed, maybe her tummy hurts? She did have a big drink, she's not interested in her food. She's never missed one of her meals. I can't tell if she's pooped or not, as she and her half-brother use the same litter box. Her one big bad habit is chewing and swallowing stuff like shoe laces. Most of the time we keep our closets closed, but occasionally one does get left ajar. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't have an intestinal blockage. At times I've found pieces of shoe laces she's passed in her poop. If she hasn't started to eat by tomorrow, it's off to the vet. Oh dear, our furkids give us such grief at times..... :(

#3 ·
Thanks, Susan, Alkee's feeling better tonite, walking around a bit, ate about 1 tsp. of canned food, not vomiting (a good sign), drinking water, but haven't seen her poop yet today. We'll see what tomorrow brings, keeping my fingers crossed. Don't need a sick cat to worry about now, as granddaughter arrived this aft to spend week of the March school break with us, and have quite a few "things to do" lined up. Actually Alkee made the effort to come and greet granddaughter and then sat beside her quite a while. They both really like each other (gd doesn't have a cat as dad is allergic).

#4 ·
Well, I hope Alkee's feeling better this morning. Having your granddaughter for the week will be fun. I've given up waiting for grandchildren, since my kids (aged 29 and 30) don't seem to be in any hurry to oblige...part of the reason I now have cats! :)

#5 ·
A happy day! I separated Alkee and Zuba last night so I would know which one pooped. Alkee drank quite a bit of water yesterday and ate only a little of her canned food last night, but after I cleaned her litter box this morning of pee clumps, she made a big fuss meowing at me, and got in and pooped. Whew! so no blockage! Never so glad to see a cat poop. (lol) Alkee seems almost back to her usual self this morning, playing with gd as she drags around a sissal birdie on a fishing pole, and taking turns with Zuba. They're going to miss her when she leaves. Don't give up hope on your kids, our daughter was thirty when she decided, but that's it.

#6 ·
I'm glad to hear Alkee is back to her old self. Now you and your gd can enjoy each other's company, and can enjoying playing with the cats.

As for my kids, I was only joking as you know. They'll have kids when they're ready and that's how it should be...I'm in no rush, and my girls provide me with lots of entertainment in the meantime!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.