Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time again for some of us.

I'll lose an hour of sleep for one night, but probably gain more than that in the long run. My girls will stay a little quieter in the early morning hours because it'll be darker.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Thanks for reminding us. I always hate losing that hour, but I like the fact that it means Spring is just around the corner. I can't wait to get rid of winter!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
*sigh* I forgot about that...and I have my super early work morning tomorrow too. I'm gonna miss you little lost hour! :crying

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I have no respect for morning people. Like Ben Franklin said, The early bird steals the worm.
Haha! Believe me I ain't a morning person, but my manager has a sick sense of humor so he thinks its funny to make me get up at 5:30 am on Sundays. He likes watching me interact with people when I haven't had my coffee yet...the jerk.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Haha! Believe me I ain't a morning person, but my manager has a sick sense of humor so he thinks its funny to make me get up at 5:30 am on Sundays. He likes watching me interact with people when I haven't had my coffee yet...the jerk.

Oh. Our HR Dept published rules about approaching me before I finish my first coffee. About 10 AM

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'll be GLAD to have that extra hour of daylight so I don't have to worry as much about that pesky raccoon that is lurking about.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Now I lose an hour of "party" time! :( *pout*. To be honest, I'm happy when we have to do the daylight savings time for spring because that means warmer weather! Trust me, in Wisconsin, we're begging for warmer weather! It "might" hit 50 degrees next week haha....

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I don't have to reset mine; I never changed my clocks last fall! LOL Seriously though, I have to add minutes to my bedside clock all the time to trick myself into thinking that I'm late so I'll get wherever on time!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Oh shoot! I forgot! I just looked at my computer time and I'm an hour off! Darn, guess I better get out of bed...Nah, it's Sunday and it's not really Nine o' clock anyway.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I am very much not a morning person. But I live in LA which has the worst traffic in the country and so the only way to make my insanely long commute not take over an hour is to get up at 5am.

This means I will now technically be getting up at 4am tomorrow. Auuuuugh.

I sleep in really late on weekends to compensate. I accidentally slept until 1pm today, and then realized because the clocks changed, I really slept in until 2. :(

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I am very much not a morning person. But I live in LA which has the worst traffic in the country and so the only way to make my insanely long commute not take over an hour is to get up at 5am.

This means I will now technically be getting up at 4am tomorrow. Auuuuugh.

I sleep in really late on weekends to compensate. I accidentally slept until 1pm today, and then realized because the clocks changed, I really slept in until 2. :(
The worst traffic and the worst freeways, too. I'm an L.A. native living in the Inland Valley, so I know/feel your pain, saitenyo. I remember one time we were going to Escondido to visit my then husband's niece. We took the 405. What was normally a two hour drive took us FOUR hours because of horrendous traffic...not only on the 405, but on the 55 as well. We were trying to get to the 15. Now that we live in the IE, we don't have to deal with the 405 anymore...thank God! *whew!*

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My firm is moving next month - 32 miles north.

Instead of an 18-mile commute roundtrip, it'll be 64 miles. An hour of sitting in traffic each way. I'm going to have to leave the house by 7 a.m. to get there by 8 a.m.

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My bathroom clock is set fast, so is my car clock. My bedroom clock is the correct time, but I hit the snooze button 3-5 times before getting up.

I'm so NOT a morning person. Ironic that I have to be the first person in the office, making the coffee that I don't drink.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
The worst traffic and the worst freeways, too. I'm an L.A. native living in the Inland Valley, so I know/feel your pain, saitenyo. I remember one time we were going to Escondido to visit my then husband's niece. We took the 405. What was normally a two hour drive took us FOUR hours because of horrendous traffic...not only on the 405, but on the 55 as well. We were trying to get to the 15. Now that we live in the IE, we don't have to deal with the 405 anymore...thank God! *whew!*
Yeah, my boyfriend and I (we work at the same place) have about an hour commute to work (if we leave promptly by 6) and an hour and a half commute home. If we leave later than 6 in the morning, it's an hour and a half there too.

We used to take the 101 to the 405 (we commute from the border of LA County/Ventura County, all the way through the valley to West Hollywood) but finally just got sick of it because of all the construction. We're just taking the 101 to Coldwater now. It's probably not any faster but at least we get to look at pretty houses and nature instead of the horrible wall of cars that is the 405.

I hate that freeway so much. I went to college in Laguna Beach and commuted home to the San Fernando Valley every weekend to see my dog, and I've been commuting to West Hollywood for work for almost 3 years now. So after 7 years of the 405...I am sooo sick of that drive. :(

I will be so happy when I finally no longer have to go downtown at all. Then I can wake up at reasonable hours and not spend 18 hours a week sitting in traffic!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I always dread it when the bus turns onto Portswood High Street. About a million noisy rude and stupid children leap on it and interrupt my morning nap....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts