Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed today that Twinkie has been shaking his left back foot as he walks and he was licking it earlier over the e-collar. Then from far away I saw his foot and it was reddish bloody. He is growling when I put him in the bathroom with Sugar but he is still growling everytime I go near his leg now so I think he is in pain. He won't even let me touch his leg or foot.

Maybe he tore out or cut his toe, I don't know, is this typical for cats?

I just got my other cat hip surgery so I don't even have money for a visit right now. Just want to know if this is something that will go away or if it is something really urgent? Thanks. <<))

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Geez, KitKat, you are having a bad week! :cry:

If you can get him to cooperate, try soaking his foot in some warm-hot (but not painfully hot!) water for a few minutes. That will clean it up and hopefully let you see just what is going on. If there's not a deep wound, soaking it daily will keep it clean and dried out and allow it to heal. Sometimes they get a nail caught in something like carpet and tear it. It will generally heal.

It would be best to have the vet check it but I understand if you can't! Just watch it closely for redness, swelling, discharge, etc. If he seems lethargic or not eating well, or any other signs of infection, get him into the vet.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts