Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 14 yr old cat. He has been fine. Healthy except a few months back he had that absess near his tail. Well that's doing all better now. The last week or so he's been always wanting to sleep on my lap when I'm on the computer. Tonight I have him on my lap and his head is twitching. Is that normal? Every now and then when he lays on my bed I will see him do that. He doesn't do it alot and it's only for a few seconds. Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
My cat Sugar twitches when she sleeps sometimes and I think she is having a very real kitty dream. I don't think its anything though.... :p

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aonir--not very nice when someone is asking a serious question. Sorry if you think its a joke. I'm not being rude but I don't joke around when it comes to my cats health.

Kitkat-- Thanks for the reply. He does it when he's awake too. Sometimes it's only a few seconds sometimes longer. If i keep noticing it, I'll call the vet. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Cats will normally twitch when they are asleep and dreaming. however, I have never heard of a cat doing the same while awake. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it, although you might mention it to your vet, and see what they say. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts