Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone.

I will fly with my 2 cats from Austria to Tennessee and unfortunately they will have to go cargo because the airlines only allow one pet per passenger. I was wondering if I should use separate crates or have them stay together in one and keep each other company.
Has anyone had the same situation ?

·
Super Moderator
26,625 Posts
I think you are the only one who knows the answer to that. Would they be happier together or separate? I could NEVER separate my twins. Ever.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I would separate them. With all that stress of new places, new noises, new smells, strange people, there's no telling who might get really upset and make an attack on the crate-mate.

Also, if for some reason you need to get one out, having one per crate makes it much safer - B will not escape while you're trying to remove A.

I would have a harness on each one, even crated. Start now getting them used to a harness. Have a leash for each one, so you can attach it to the harness as soon as you open the crate. Then no matter what, you've got some control. You may be needing your hands for paperwork and stuff. Do not leave the leash connected in the crate, it might tangle.

Good luck. My kid took a cat and a dog overseas in a move. Quite an experience. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts