Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

A little bit of background so I don't repeat myself: http://www.catforum.com/forum/70-introduce-yourself/150607-questions-about-keeping-2nd-cat.html

The new kitty (Lily) is now roaming the house, and the other one (Emmy) is, while not exactly happy about it, getting better and better all the time - they have touched noses without hissing or scratching and at this stage seems to be getting better each day.

Lily however, is taking over Emmy's litterbox, whilst still using her own one as well. Emmy on the other hand, doesn't use any litterbox where Lily has been. We added another one (now three) which we hoped Emmy would find before Lily, but no such luck - Lily found it, marked it and now Emmy avoids it.

What can we do, or will nature's call override Emmy's aversion?

tx!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Have you tried Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Litter? Are you scooping a minimum 2x/day? Suggest you have one litter box in a room that door can be closed. Take Emmy in with you when you clean the box, and close the door so Lily is not there. Try and do it the same time each day After scooping, sprinkle some of Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract litter on top. Hopefully that will override her aversion to using the box. A lot of cats like to use a box just cleaned, so at least that would give her 'first chance' at the litter box without interference from Lily. After you clean the box, place her in the box if she doesn't go in on her own, and if she does do her business praise her lavishly. If she doesn't go, I would leave her in the room for 20 mins. or so. It might facilitate things if you could give her meal there at the same time. I hope this suggestion works out for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts