Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i lost my cat carl back in may of this year,he had and bad anal problem he was thirteen,well he pooped in a certant area on my rugg,i adopted a new cat ,she was litter trained ,but she pooped were my boy carl had his acident ,no matter what i did she would continue to poop there ,i thought of everything two box new locations ,nothing worked i took her back thinking something was a mess,well two weeks later i was giving a 2 year old cat ,rehomed which is tough as is,well after having cat for two days the cat pooped in the same spot as the other two cats,is there something i can do to stop this im at wits end and feel so bad because i took little girl back which i really liked ,please help ive tried cleaners ,two seperate boxes ,litter any help would be great .thank you

· Registered
50 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of all the frustration you are having. As with many things with cats, I tend to believe this is a territorial thing. Are you familiar with the calming product Feliway? Its a product that mimics a chemical that cats emit through the glands on their faces when they are feeling calm. Check it out, It could help.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of all the frustration you are having. As with many things with cats, I tend to believe this is a territorial thing. Are you familiar with the calming product Feliway? Its a product that mimics a chemical that cats emit through the glands on their faces when they are feeling calm. Check it out, It could help.
were would i get some of this

· Registered
30 Posts
hi i lost my cat carl back in may of this year,he had and bad anal problem he was thirteen,well he pooped in a certant area on my rugg,i adopted a new cat ,she was litter trained ,but she pooped were my boy carl had his acident ,no matter what i did she would continue to poop there ,i thought of everything two box new locations ,nothing worked i took her back thinking something was a mess,well two weeks later i was giving a 2 year old cat ,rehomed which is tough as is,well after having cat for two days the cat pooped in the same spot as the other two cats,is there something i can do to stop this im at wits end and feel so bad because i took little girl back which i really liked ,please help ive tried cleaners ,two seperate boxes ,litter any help would be great .thank you
I am sorry to hear about the loss of your cat Carl and the trouble you have been having with your new cats. It sounds like you have been trying different solutions to address the issue, but it hasn't worked yet.

One thing you can try is using a pheromone spray or diffuser in the area where the cats have been pooping. Pheromones can help reduce stress and anxiety, which may be a contributing factor in this behavior.

Another solution could be to place a litter box in the area where the cats have been pooping. Cats often return to a spot where they have previously been eliminated, so placing a litter box there may encourage them to use it instead of the rug.

You can also try using a repellent spray or a motion-activated sprinkler in the area to discourage the cats from returning to the spot.

It's also possible that the cats are associating the smell of the previous cat with the spot, try using an odor neutralizer and thoroughly cleaning the area with a pet-safe cleaner.

Lastly, you can try to figure out what is causing the stress or anxiety in your cats. It may be an additional cat or animal outside, changes in the household, or even changes in the litter.

It is important to keep in mind that cats are creatures of habit and it may take time for them to adjust to their new environment and learn their new routine. I hope these suggestions will help you solve the problem and that you find a new cat that you can love and keep for a long time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts