Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abbott and Costelo have returned to work. Abbott, within a few hours of being on the adoption floor was adopted! The ever so "lovely" Costelo won't meet the same fate. He'll be neutered and returned outside to live out the rest of his life at a barn. Some cats just don't adapt well to living with people no matter what age you get them. :(

The very same day I returned them I had two more passed onto me. They came in awhile ago, but were never dealt with much, they were from a litter of four, the two sisters (which I have) and two brothers. The boys were OK, a little nervous but fine and went on to adoption once their URI's cleared, the sisters... not so much. They aren't aggressive, but are very unsure and nervous. When you go towards them to touch them they'll hiss but won't do anymore and will let you touch them but they'll voice their dislike of it. One is better then the other slightly. They should have been put into foster care when they first came in to get worked with but they never were and now they are 5 months old if not older (they were brought in at around 3 months) and getting to the point that they may or may not tame. -sigh- :roll:

I've had them for a week now and have just let them be. They were very stressed and after they got loose and I found Babette's tail hanging out of the wall in the basement there was added stress when I had to pluck her out in a rather undignified way. So I've let them be, and now the work starts.

So here are the girls, Babette and Brooklyn. Babette is the worse out of the two. Both are Torby's though just barely.

Babette

Babette & Brooklyn

Brooklyn

Brooklyn keeping her eye on me.

Babette is doing the same though less interested.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_mUTZb7Els
A brief video after I got her out of the wall. I had no choice but to pluck her out in a method I would have never done usually. But I couldn't tear the wall apart and there was no way she was coming out. I hadn't a clue how far she could crawl in the wall and went into panic mode. I ended up pulling her out by her tail... :oops: :(

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
They are lovely, and you know...if a tail was all I had to get ahold of to prevent the pet escaping or getting further into a worse predicament....I'd have grabbed and hauled, too.
h

1 - 2 of 2 Posts