Cat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have started feeding these two little feral kittens that I have noticed hanging around a dumpster at an apartment complex near my house. I thought the mom had maybe abandoned them and they look like they are 5 to 6 weeks old. They were very thin when I started feeding them and although they look a little bit better now I have been watching them pretty closely and they look as though they might be sick. I would take them in and take care of them if I could, but I am a student with a very tight budget and I already have 4 cats of my own, so I really cannot afford any more. The kittens hair is a little bit longer, and it seems pretty dirty and matted. Also, they seem to just sit and squint alot if they are not eating, which makes me think they might be sick. In addition to that, it is getting colder here and I could make a makeshift shelter for them, but there are alot of other ferals near where they live who might get in it instead and also they hang out near a dumpster so someone might take it as trash. All of the no kill shelters in my area are full and will not take them so at this point I am wondering if the most humane thing to do would be to contact animal control? I can continue feeding them and of course get them spayed/neutered when they get old enough but if they are sick I don't want them to be suffering if they do not have to. Any advice about the best course of action would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts