Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting worried again..
Miss teenie Mum doesnt like the kitten yet. She is still hissing at him, but shes more nervous of him than he is of her. Shes the outcast now i think. And that bothers me. Shes a very sensitive kitty, and i'm upset tat its not gunna work. Shes just going around with this look of saddness on her face. Then jack ran after her tonight, with this weird crying and started biting her neck. Shes getting picked on by them awfully bad tonight. Does anyone have 2 males and a female that could tell me if they are going to get along or not? I went against getting another female because i thought she would not get along with another, and now i feel i made another wrong decision? I really do love the kitten, and i probably need reassurance, so i just don't know. Maybe afterhes fixed and calms down a bit, it will be better? do you think?

·
Banned
12,194 Posts
I have two boys and a girl and they get along fine. But every combination is different. They have to work out their relationships. And if I remember right, it hasn't been very long. Maybe you could give Miss Teenie some extra attention and affection, so she know she's #1 with you. :D

·
Registered
589 Posts
Have several of both sexes. Have one female that is the Queen of the bunch, but will submit to an older male. Just give it time. A new cat in any house will always create stress and unusual behavior for a period of time. If you let it run it's course, everything will settle out. I think we humans get carried away about cat behavior we don't understand. Everything will be okay.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have 5 males and 2 females. When I brought in the most recent male both of my females were upset and hissed at him for a while...can't remember exactly how long but everyone gets along great now.
Did you introduce them slowly? I think in most cases it just takes time, some take longer to adjust than others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts