Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! How on earth do you stop the 2 main men in your life getting jealous of each other. My husband isn't exactly the cat lover I am and he seems to be getting jealous of our kitten. He is always kind to him and will look after him but I swear he is getting jalous of kitty cuddles. Cleveland (my kitty) is really funny. whenever pete gets huggy with me, the cat is over in a second jumping up my leg to get into the cuddle. Does anyone else have this problem? How can a grown man be jealous of a 4 month old cat! Weird or what!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Many men are jealous of the simpleist of things. IMO Personally, I'd find someone who will be happy to see you with your kitten. Remember, that what ever is out of place now, will only become worse as time go by.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think leaving my husband cause he wants a little us time is a little drastic :) He can be such a big softy with the kittty. I suppose its a little like a new baby in the house. affection getting shared and all that. after I posted earlier I found him having a nap, kitty curled up on his chest. He woke up and came through with Cleveland in his arms like a baby. One group cuddle later, cat was happy, so was hubby. :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
What do you do when this happens? Do you disengage yourself from the human hug and hug kitty? I believe in open communication. Ask hubby if he's jealous. Sometimes without realizing what we are doing we ignore the one feeling jealous and leftout.....that's why they feel that way be it human or feline.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hubby comes first :D I love my kitty but he's not my number one. It's petty cute, Pete gone out and bought a soft toy cat (i'd love another cat but no room). Cleveland is now in love and carrying it all over the house. Hugs for everyone! Now both men have that special lady.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts