Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on Saturday my boyfriend and I got our 6 week old female kitten. We were supposed to get her brother then as well, but he was running around the house and they couldn't catch him so we ended up just getting him tonight (2 days later).

From Saturday until now, our female kitten was affectionate, loving, and just so sweet to us. Ever since her brother arrived a few hours ago, she's so excited to have him that she isn't even letting us hold her. We are feeling kind of sad, realizing that they might not need us as much since they have each other.

Does anyone have experience with adopting kittens from the same litter? Will our little girl kitty who we are so in love with fall back in love with us? And will we be able to bond with our new boy kitty?

· Super Moderator
27,274 Posts
Welcome!!

I adopted sisters at 9 weeks old. They have a special bond and are still best buds four years later. But thank goodness I adopted them together, because they have ENDLESS energy and only having one? They would probably keep you up all night long wanting you to play. They both snuggle with me and love being with me, but they also go through stages, like all cats.

Yes, they'll both love you and bond with you, but on their own schedule. If I could do anything different, I would have played with them much more, instead of enjoying watching them play and wrestle with each other.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response! As I was typing this, Daisy jumped up on the couch where my bf was and snuggled into his armpit. She's been sleeping there ever since, as I've been playing with Russell. :)

· Registered
8,949 Posts
It's good you got both. @ 6 weeks they are too young to learn as much social behavior from their mother as is preferable. A single kitten would give you more trouble with rough play and such. With TWO they can teach each other what is TOO rough.

You won't get as much of the aggressive play on you as the sibling will. :)

That said, SHAME on irresponsible mom's owner for not having her fixed and for not letting her raise her kittens.

Welcome to a wild ride :) It's fun (and exhausting) having kittens.

· Registered
1,138 Posts
I think you'll be glad you have two. Mine weren't siblings but they were together when I adopted them. A lot of the time, wherever one is, the other is close by. But they do have differnent activity cycles in the evening, which gives me the opportunity to give attention to each one.

You won't have any trouble falling in love with both of them! I'm sure they will both each demand your affection as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.