Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there :D

I just found this forum and this is my first post....

I live in Chicago with two wonderful cats, one maine coon and one norwegian forest cat. They are both young, playful, and really enjoy each others company. However, I'm considering getting a third cat, but I'm wondering whether it might destroy the good relationship that they have now? Even though I'm most excited at the prospect of a new addition to the family, I don't want to do anything that might destroy the good balance that we have now.
So do any of you have any experiences with having three cats ??

Thank you,
Sara

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Oh, I almost forgot! Welcome to the forum Sara! :) What are the names of your kitties? How old are they? Do you have any pictures we could see?

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
To be honest no one can say for sure.
One of my cats pebbles was with another cat all her life (14 years) but the other cat died of old age, we thought shed love the thought of a new cat since she got on so well with our old one. WRONG! she hates vienna, and over a year later she still does.

Every cat is different, and from what ive seen to be most peoples story here they have 1 or 2 cats who are very sociable and get on great, they add another and something goes wrong. This isnt always the case, if there are any problems sometimes with time these can be sorted between the cats. Then again others get on like a house on fire!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Eva

Unfortunately, I'm not currently able to post images of my kitties :(

My forest cat is all white and his name is Moby (like the white whale...). He'll be three years old this summer, but he's still VERY playful...

The Maine coon is a brown classic tabby, and he just turned one. He's a charming, goofy little one. He's very long and tall, but still very skinny, so he looks a bit like a teenager..

I would just love to get a red maine coon (I've always loved red cats), but I really don't want to ruin their relationship. They're so cute together, they play together, was each other, etc. It's very sweet!

Sara
h

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
What's wrong with 6? lol. I've had luck with as much as 4 cats getting along, nothing more though. 3 were litter mates, a 1 'big brother', I call him ;) The big brother(oreo) also gets along with the other cat. Angel only gets along with Oreo. Cheyenne gets along with only Teddy.

It really depends on the cat

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have 4. The brother and sister don't get along with each other that well, but all other relationships are fine. I wouldn't part with any of them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have allot of e'm. Their names? *Deep Breath*
Penny, Sammie, Shotzee, Bob, Garfield, Max, Sunny, & Mindie.
And there you have it! :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts