Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my orange tabby cat NAZZY she likes to rub her upper back by tail area against certain objects, she kinda arches her middle, tail up and rub against different things and stands still! what is that mean?
my white part siamese SEPHI the last six months does the behavior called dough making, he does it on my side, my belly on the blankets and upper back part of furnitures, he is 3 and half years old, he has never done it before the last 6 months and she purrs heavilly when he does that!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
The kneading behaviour is just because he is comfortable I believe. That is how kittens get the milk from their mothers so its a hark back to when they were a kitten. Both of my cats (4 month and 6 month) do this a lot.

I am not so sure on the first one. I know my cats do that to my legs when they want feeding though :p

·
Registered
81 Posts
I didn't know that! Lizzie does that dough thing and we were wondering what exactly she was trying to do lol. She always does it on the comforter on the beds.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Yah, my guy does it very late at night when we go to bed. He sits up with his back leaned against my chest and kneads the blanket, purrs, and drools profusely. He'll sometimes do it in the morning if we're being lazy and he knows there's no chance of me getting out of bed. He does it until he starts to fall asleep and then lays down.

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
my orange tabby cat NAZZY she likes to rub her upper back by tail area against certain objects, she kinda arches her middle, tail up and rub against different things and stands still! what is that mean?
My girls do that when I'm in the bathroom. They start to walk past me, then stop, arch their backs and sometimes their tails shake a little and they just stand there. Wanting me to pet them. :grin:

Cleo kneads me every night. She used to be really OCD about it when she first adopted me. She would turn in a circle three times, then sit down, reach over and start kneading my arm while I'm lying on my back. If I scratched her face or petted her, she would have to start over, beginning with the three turns. Now she likes the scratching and petting. Did I mention that she drools while kneading?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts