Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a house in my neighborhood that was just basically torn down because the people who were renting it made a mess and the house smelled sooo bad. The house had lots of cats living in it and there was a pile of dead kittens in the backyard. :cry: Anyways, enough background.
I've only seen 2 cats, I believe the other 2 were taken away. One lives under a car and one lives by someone's garage door to try to keep out of the rain :(
The one by the garage door is soaking wet and has a sore paw and I was going to let it live in a box with blankets in my garage until we brought it to the vet or a shelter. The cat will let you walk up to it but I didn't dare pet it because who knows how dirty or sick the thing is. When it saw I had a blanket it began walking away. I walked to it again, whispering and comforting it and it growled at me and hissed at me. (I'd never heard a cat growl....)
So I tried the one under the car. You can't even get near this one or it will run away. So I left some food out for it.
Is there anything I can do? Anything you'd recommend? I wanna bring em to the vet and then keep one hehe. Should I just keep talking to them and feeding them until they trust me? The thing is, it's very stormy and rainy and we have lots of animals in our neighborhood and idk how long these guys will last.... :cry:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Do you have a pet carrier or any kind of cage? Do you think you could put food in the back of the carrier/cage and close the door on him when he enters? Even though he will still be afraid of you, you can get him to the vet before it's too late. Poor kitties. :cry:

Let us know how this works out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can sneak up on the one cat because it hides by a tire and doesn't see me. I did earlier to drop some food by it but once it saw my hand it ran. I'll try. No, I don't have a cat carrier but maybe I can borrow one from a neighbor, we'll see. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts