Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well he is officially home now! My mom's Siamese cat Simbah doesn't seem to really understand what is going on, but he's not hissing or growling. Tykhe just kind of lies around.....I know he's scared and this is a HUGE change for him. It will be a while still before he's bounding around the house! BUT, he is eating and drinking like a good boy. My mom's boyfriend made a custom built litter box for him, so it's easy for him. They have started a kind of routine with him, he sleeps in his bed at night in my mom's room. In the morning she puts him in his box, he comes out on his own when he's done and goes to his food. Then he takes a nap. She's very good about making sure he gets to the litter box after a nap or after playing......and he's such a GREAT cat! I was over there last weekend, and I had Tykhe on my lap while I watched tv for an hour or so...he was purring like crazy! He loves to be held and carried around, he's such a baby! Everybody loves him....it's really great to see him so happy. His life has changed so much. I can't wait until him and Simbah cuddle up and sleep together. Tykhe loves to play, we have a feather on a string the we dangle on his belly and he loves to grad it and bite it. The vet said that this toy is a great way to make his front legs stronger. We are supposed to slowly drag it in front of him, and we have to be sure to let him catch it so he doesn't get discouraged.
So anyways, he's doing really well. I am really relieved he is out of the vet clinic.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Oh, that is SO wonderful :D :D :D Bless Tykhe and everyone involved, especially YOU, his guardian angel :D So........when do we get pictures of him in his new home?? :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
OOPS...I just found the pictures of him in the other section :oops: :oops:

Anyway...he is SO gorgeous. I love his markings. Give him hugs from me, Ashley, and Gaylord :)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I read this post and then just like Ianthe I was going to ask for pictures when I saw her second post ..so you weren't going to be the only one, Ianthe ...Plus - you saved me too hehe

I am so happy to hear all the news about Tykhe, Erynn. In the pictures he doesn't look only beautiful but I can see how much he has endured ...and yet there is so much hope in the light of his eyes.
SENDING MANY HUGS AGAIN TO YOU AND HIM ..and bless everyone involved ...this story is so uplifting and inspiring!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Tykhe HOME

What fantastic news :)
I have been wondering how he was getting on and looking out for new posts.
I'm so thrilled to heat he's doing well.

seashell

·
Registered
366 Posts
So glad to hear the update and to hear that Tykhe's doing so well in his new home - he truly does look so well and content in the pictures! You and your mom (and her boyfriend) are truly angels for doing so much for this little guy.

Pfeffa has had weak and slightly malformed back legs since birth and has progressed SO much since we got her (now over 7 years ago) and we've done quite a lot to help her build up her overall strength. She is an absolute HULK in her front legs and chest. And while she can't jump to very high surfaces (counters, tables, etc.), any low-ish surface that she can grip - like the sofa, our cushioned kitchen chairs, the carpeted stairs - she can pull herself up and onto. I've also seen her vertically climb a scratching post using ONLY her front legs to pull herself up to the perch on top 8O

She can easily pull herself several feet with just her front paws/claws gripping the carpet to follow a string - so that IS a great strengthener. We also built her a set of small stairs to set in front of a particular window that she wanted to reach - but was unable to jump that high. A carpeted ramp would work equally well for Tykhe!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts