Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a favorite type or brand of brush they prefer?

As a starter I got just a kitty slicker brush.

I want/need something that will groom away most of the loose hair that "The Boys" shed off.

Linkin has short hair and Korin has medium hair.

Any Suggestions? :? Thanks in Advance :wink:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I prefer a metal comb to really get out the deep dead hair, although the slicker works well too. There's a comb that has revolving teeth that's great for longer haired cats because it doesn't pull as much.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
My favorite is a flea comb. Sabby doesn't have fleas, but it does a fantastic job of getting out all the loose hair and even the dandruff. I got mine for under a dollar. It was in a little plastic tub by the cash register at the pet store.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all they replys. I think I will buy & try a flea comb. The slicker does a good job, but some reason just brings all the loose hair to the surface and its never-ending. I think just having a furry beast--the fur will always be neverending :lol: Its okay though I love them the same. Its so funny though-- both "The Boys" hate being brushed and roll around in summersaults while being brushed biting and clawing at the evil :twisted: slicker brush . . .

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi Kittycute!
I LOVE the Zoom Groom brush, then I follow up with a slicker brush! It works fantastic on all length hair. I use it on my (2) long hair, (1)medium hair and (2) short. The zoom groom is excellent for the short hair cats too! They make the zoom groom for dogs and cats, I bought the one for dogs because it is bigger and I have a long hair cat that the sooner I can get done the better for both us! Happy brushing!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I use a combination of brushes and combs. I always use the zoom groom though. I love it. It pulls up all the dead, dry hair from underneath. It actually seems to work better on my 2 short hairs than my long hair. I use a comb on the long hair, but not for the short hairs. It doesnt seem to do too much for the shorter hair.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CatAholic said:
Hi Kittycute!
I LOVE the Zoom Groom brush, then I follow up with a slicker brush! It works fantastic on all length hair. I use it on my (2) long hair, (1)medium hair and (2) short. The zoom groom is excellent for the short hair cats too! They make the zoom groom for dogs and cats, I bought the one for dogs because it is bigger and I have a long hair cat that the sooner I can get done the better for both us! Happy brushing!
The Zoom Groom sounds great. . .can I purchase this at any petstore?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I bought mine cheaper on ebay than the price at Drs. Foster & Smith or Petco. ....justa suggestion. It is sold at most pet stores I was able to just sneak in at the end of an auction closing and I couldn't wait. Plus I live in the country so it was cheaper for me than an hour ride into the big city, DesMoines :D Works great for my German "Shedder" shepherd too! :lol: Susie

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I think I got mine at Petsmart. I don't remember how much it cost though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi ForJazz! Zoom groom is a cat and they make a dog brush. It is made of rubber with big wide tooth combs, the hair just clings to the brush for easy removable. I'll be right back let me see if I can find more info... justa sec, Suze

·
Registered
175 Posts
Back again.... here's as the catalog describes...."removes loose hair other brushes can't reach. Zoom groom tapered, rubber bristles penetrate hair,massage the skin and stimulate natural oil production for a healthy coat. Cleans with a snap of the wrist." $ 6.49 @ Drs. Foster & Smith online. Hope this helps, it haas helped me, never knew a cat could shed so much until Bailey---WOWEY! Susie

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Ah -- I had one like that, but I got rid of it because the hair didn't stick to the brush -- it just stuck to my cat in clumps. I found a smaller one more like a curry comb, but also with the rubber bristles, and that one works really well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I like the zoom groom but Tiggy hates the sensation of it, I use a flea comb with smooth metal teeth, it was less than £2 from my local sainsburys supermarket, part of the money goes to the blue cross animal charity :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Barnaby loves to be brushed, in fact he asks for it. But he doesn't allow me to brush just any part of him. Mostly his back, sides, tail and head. He has to be in the right mood to roll over and expose his stomach. I just have a simple soft bristle brush but I've been thinking about a brush that removes more hair. I'll have to look into another one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can answer this question. I have a blue rubber brush that is made out of a cat. This is the best brush that works really well especially on shorthairs and it does work on medium hair. I have two shorthair cats and 1 medium hair cat, there is no different what brush to use. But then with a longer hair cat, you probably should get a brush that works good on getting any mats out. I'm not sure the name of the brush, all I know it has pointed ends. You just have to go to your pet store and they can help you and find the best brush to take out mats.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Kelly_ann said:
I can answer this question. I have a blue rubber brush that is made out of a cat. This is the best brush that works really well especially on shorthairs and it does work on medium hair. I have two shorthair cats and 1 medium hair cat, there is no different what brush to use. But then with a longer hair cat, you probably should get a brush that works good on getting any mats out. I'm not sure the name of the brush, all I know it has pointed ends. You just have to go to your pet store and they can help you and find the best brush to take out mats.
you mean this?

it's the zoom groom. someone just mentioned it 2 posts up

1 - 19 of 19 Posts