Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh good the link went through! I could not belive this. They do not tell the story well in the paper, on the news they had photos of her home and everything. I do not get how no-one knew she had almost 90 animals in her house. They were all kept in cages, like at the humaine society.
I used to live in laporte county, I think the problem is when you find a stray animal in laporte county and call the humaine society, they are usually full and will not except them. Maybe that was her reasoning? However you can call animal control and they will take the animal to the shelter.
The reason they found out about the animals from what I understand is that someone could not find their pet and called to say they thought this woman had their pet. So they went to investigate her home. It really makes me wonder how many of thease poor animals were someones pet and this woman took them in to die in her house.
UNBELIVABLE!

·
Registered
917 Posts
i saw something on some animal cops show where this poor immigrant woman (from somewhere in eastern europe) took in all these strays but she couldn't afford to feed them. so the animal cops came and took most of them, and the woman was so happy because she knew that they were going to be taken care of. it was hard to figure out if i should be mad at her, because she obviously cared for the cats, she just took in too many and couldn't handle it, then didn't know what to do with them. she had like, 40 cats in a small apartment.

i don't really kow what to think in stories like these. although i think yours is a bit more extreme, lilly. this woman didn't have any dead cats. and the fly thing is just nasty.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just do not understand how you can take in so many! Some of those animals had to be pets of neighbors and such. Where she lives is out of town, however there are still alot of houses around.
The pictures on the news were horrible. I could sympathize maybe, however she did not even bury the animals that were dead, she just threw them in the garage or left them in cat carriers. The animals that were alive were in cat carriers as well.
If you are truly an animal lover and are trying to take care of starys, you would give them better conditions than that. Also, I would assume, you would have it arranged with a vet or shelter to provide affordable health care.
I do not understand how these things can happen! It just makes me sick. Someone had to know that she had to many animals in her house, a neighbor or family? Why did no one do nothing?

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
There seems to be a lot of these cases. I am sure some of them began innocently enough. As cat lovers we are all touched be a cat in need of a home, but most of us know we can't possibly take in every stray. These people probably start taking in a few, can't say no to any cat, and pretty soon have 40-50 cats in the house.
Very sad though, I agree. :cry:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts