Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum. Currently the proud owner of two wise female cats, both underweight and active. I am worried about ones weight. We have been to the vet and tried deworming. She eats all the time both wet and dry food but all her backbones are easily felt as well as her ribs. Should I be concerned?

·
Super Moderator
26,687 Posts
Welcome!

How old are the kitties and how much does each one weigh? (pictures?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Response

I'm only concerned about one of the cats she's about 3 pounds and 1.5 years old. They eat friskies dry food which is always available in their dish and nine lives wet food about twice a week. She eats a lot and I've been trying to give her treats to fattened her up but she isn't putting on weight. The vet didn't seem concerned but she was there about 6 months ago when she was still quite young. The cats are kept strictly indoors so I know she couldn't have picked something up.

Thanks for the responses!

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
I would suggest another trip to the vet. A lot can change in 6 months and even an indoor cat can get worms.

·
Super Moderator
26,687 Posts
3 pounds? Is that even possible? 8O

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem with my cat when he was a kitten, I found him on the streets and he was extremely malnourished. Deworming and special dietfood got him over that though. (some sort of powerfood) Not sure what else you can do except go back to the vet and have him checked out entirely. I'm not sure if it's the same where you live, but special dietfood can only be sold by a vet here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts