Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love eggs. I use hardboiled eggs in a lot of dishes (egg salad, crostini, deviled eggs), yet somehow I still cannot manage to consistently boil proper eggs. I think I'm just not used to my boyfriend's electric stove (I always got them perfect on my mom's gas stove).

I used to hate that moment, where you crack an egg and realize, "Oh no, it's still runny." I won't eat runny eggs. I like my eggs really really well-cooked, runny just grosses me out. But I always hated wasting a perfectly good egg and was never quite sure what to do with it. Sometimes I tried to salvage the dish, but with some things, like deviled eggs, it just doesn't work with a runny egg.

Today I messed up and undercooked an egg. And I suddenly realized...there was Apollo, standing in the kitchen, looking for treats. The solution was obvious!

I don't waste my undercooked eggs and he gets a special treat! Now we both win! :D

Leave it to our cats to help us make the best of a bad situation. How have your cats helped you look on the brighter side of things?

·
Super Moderator
26,808 Posts
I was told after I got the twins that I'd never date again because I had four cats.

Yay!!! I could finally stop blaming my thighs!!!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
How have your cats helped you look on the brighter side of things?
Well, not by eating things I don't want. I have enough trouble getting the persnickety sisters to eat their own food, let alone mine!

Still, not a day goes by without them doing something that makes me smile. So, they always turn a bad day into a good day, and a good day into an even better day.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I love that I never have to worry about spiders any more. See a spider? Grab a grey MonsterCat, and voila, no more spider!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love that I never have to worry about spiders any more. See a spider? Grab a grey MonsterCat, and voila, no more spider!
Yesss this one I definitely agree on as well!

I'm terrified of spiders, but haven't seen a single one in our home since getting cats!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I agree with you too Marie! After I got Jack, (which makes my total only 2), I got the same feedback. I'm now supposed to be the cat lady with no hope of ever dating let alone getting married.

And bugs, yeah, I found there's less bugs in the basement after I got Miu.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I complained about pigeons to the landlord. I asked him to hire a service to get rid of them, as they nest on our A/C boxes outside the windows. The neighbors complained to me that the pigeons nesting on our A/C cause a lot of poo to gather downstairs and on their heads as they pass the front door, since my window is above the entrance. The landlord (who hates to spend money) told me to spend all day by the window chasing the pigeons away, which I can't possibly do. Then when Prince came to live here, he was happy to fulfill the landlord's wish to spend the day by the window chasing the pigeons. No more neighbor complaints. The landlord doesn't allow cats, but I'm sure he'll be happy to let Prince stay once he hears how much money Prince has saved him. I suspect Prince and he will become best friends, since no human will ever fulfill the landlord's wish as perfectly as a cat.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Wait, my cat is supposed to be useful!?

Lucky! I thought Layla would solve this problem for me but no, now I have to kill spiders for my boyfriend AND my cat!

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
MowMow is very helpful. He makes sure that all my food has the added fiber of cat hair in it.

He tries to keep my feet warm in the middle of the night by leaving hairballs on the ground for me to step on.

I'm sure the only reason he chews on my sneakers is to make sure I get new ones frequently so I don't walk around looking like i wear old shoes.

When I was in pain last week he was very careful to only stand and knead directly on my kidney. I'm sure he was only trying to help that little stone move faster.

He makes sure the kitchen is spotless and I leave nothing on the counters :)

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Prince keeps all surfaces clean, what with his white long hair and bushy tail, he's the perfect duster. I don't need to dust the hard-to-reach areas like the top of the fridge anymore.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts