Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we're going through an unexpected/unplanned move since yesterday. To catch up, the rent raised $125 more than normal, and we can't afford it. We were barely making it as is.

Tim(fiance) has set rules. I can NOT bring my rabbit, and my rescues with me. I need to place them by the end of May. My sister said she would take the kittens in Spring if we haven't placed them by then, but I really don't want her to get them, because they'd be outdoor cats... No shots, nothing. I really need help placing them as I'm more desparate now. Cheyenne(my senior) I'm really worried about. I'm sure we can keep her if we must, but not for long. I asked my friend if she could take one, she wants a cat but can't afford one yet. She said she'd ask around for me.
I'm going to ask my Aunt and an Uncle to see if they can take a kitten or possibly Cheyenne. I'm really at a loss at the moment, as I have no idea what to do. Can you guys help?

Cheyenne is a 13+ yr Torti, spayed and front declawed
The kittens(hunter and gadget) are 6+ months, not neutered and not declawed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Aonir, I'm so sorry this is happening to you too! This is the same exact reason why my sister is being forced to move as well, and I am taking her 1 cat. I hope you find homes for all of them. I will be thinking of you. I know you'd much rather find homes for all of the kitties, but are there any good no-kill shelters around that you could place them in as a last resort?

·
Registered
237 Posts
:( I'm sorry to hear about situation... I notice that some people post on craigslist here in the Bay Area when they need to adopt out their pets... maybe you can do so as well and screen out your applicants.

here's the link to craigslist in Cleveland -- don't know how far you are from there, but maybe it'll help to get you started.
http://cleveland.craigslist.org/pet/

·
Registered
651 Posts
I would also suggest taking a photo and making posters to put at your vet's office, local pet stores, etc. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kristi said:
I would also suggest taking a photo and making posters to put at your vet's office, local pet stores, etc. Good luck!
You'd be surprised.. But I've been doing this since I got them!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tim(fiance) has set rules. I can NOT bring my rabbit, and my rescues with me. I need to place them by the end of May.
Does this line not seem wrong to anybody else?

I don't care how much I loved somebody, they wouldn't be telling me to get rid of any cats.......... :-/

·
Registered
209 Posts
aww, that's awful! i'd take one if i could, but i already have a friend living here and we've got 6 cats in my tiny apartment. you should post them on petfinder and other places on the web too. i'm sure some people out there have good homes waiting for them.

·
Registered
611 Posts
carealicious said:
Does this line not seem wrong to anybody else?

I don't care how much I loved somebody, they wouldn't be telling me to get rid of any cats.......... :-/
It grated me at first too, but I re-read the post and my assumption is that it is a financial issue, wherein they can't really afford all the pets they have now, and therefore they want to put them up for adoption before they arrive at the new place.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Aonir,

I volunteer at a cat adoption agency in Memphis, and I'll drop the coordinator an email and maybe she knows of some organizations in Ohio. I'll PM you if I find anything useful.

Best wishes
Tanya

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Aonir,

Do you really love your cats?

I dont think so.

Never, in my life, i because of this or that, would get rid of my 2 lovely cats.

But, its just my opinion...

A Pet, is also responsabilities, not only enjoy...

Alvaro M
Portugal

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gee. I thought you guys were nice about the Bashing. For those of you who KNOW me, you know that when I took in the cats, it was to save them from being PTS. Also, to place them in a new home! I had no intentions on keeping them forever.

And to tell me I don't love my cats, I think you're more than wrong. My cats are on high quality food, bathed and nails kept trimmed. Absolutely all of them have their shots and are healthy. Teddy had been through a dangerous surgery that I did to help keep him happy. I put my cat Clyde through an expensive medication to try to save him, although it didn't work. I try to save cats when I can. And for you to know, I will NOT place them with someone that I know won't take care of them.

My sister is moving to a trailor. If they aren't adopted out, she will take them. And take them with her once she moves to the trailor to be inside cats once more. I know what I am doing.

Also, about my fiance, he is just trying to get me to keep my end of the bargain when I took them in. He knows I'll keep them if I can't place them. He knows this, and he doesn't argue it. He's accepted the fact that Cheyenne may stay with us to her death, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't try to get her a nice home. There are tons of people who want her, but their apartments don't allow it.

If you want to question my love for my animals, just try. Since most of you are newbies, I'll leave it at that. People on Cat Forum are very understanding, and I feel very comfortable talking to them. They are smart, friendly and supportive. And just try to move with 6 cats and a dog, not happenin'. Unless they are all declawed, which I'm NOT doing.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
We know you Emily, we know you are a devoted mommy for your kitties ..it is a delight to hear you caring so much for them.
As you have said I am sure that this is only a misunderstanding and Alvaro spoke with passion ..the passion that we all have for animals. That they be cared for and loved 'for ever' in permanent homes.
~best of luck and hugs~

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
sorry to hear of your dilema, Aonir. I rent, I know what it's like. I wish I could help, but I already have 3 cats in an apartment that doesn't allow them. :wink: I hope everything works out. 8)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We haven't mentioned our current cats to the apartment either, lol. We only said 1 dog.. Since it allows cats, no one is going to be snitching because they won't know if we're allowed or not :twisted:

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about your situation and hope everything works out for the best, Aonir! I also rent and have hidden my cats from apartments that do not allow pets :mrgreen:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts