Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend just got a new kitten, and I have never seen a kitten like this. SoCo is about 10 weeks old. He is a dark brown color on his back, but has a black face, legs, and tail. The black parts of him are very smooth and sleek and soft, but the brown parts of him are more coarse and dry, almost wavy. His nose is very large for the size of his face. He is the most calm kitten, and seems right at home in water. He almost never meows, but he purrs loud and often. Does anyone know anything about what kind of kitty he might be? I am wondering if his large nose could be an indication that he might grow to be a big big cat?

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Are you sure it's a he? The brown on the back coud mean kitty is really a tortie, which are usually female.

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
I agree with catloverami! With brown coloring may mean he is a she. The course and dry can be due to bad diet. Get him/her on a better quality food asap.

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
Maybe he's one of those "fever coat" kittens. Very cute!

·
Super Moderator
18,400 Posts

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
I agree, I think you'll find his his to be a different color once his kitten coat sheds out and he starts on his adult coat.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He is a male, so not a tortie. It could be the rusting thing, since he began as an outside cat. We did put him on different food, and added wet food too. I just thought it was strange that the brownish fur felt different than the black fur. I also think the shape of his face, with that big nose is just so different from my kitties. No matter what, he is a cutie pie. He is unique to us. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.