Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
I am not terribly surprised. After all, Washington is a city of snubs.

Also, I find it terribly disturbing that while the Democrats tried to discredit the War with Iraq, they effectively discredited the entire defense system of North America in general.

I hated the War with Iraq when it first started. I was a Democrat back then. I joined the war protests and angered a lot of people (College Station is 90% Republican) For generations my family had been Democrats (or the Taiwanese equivalent of Democrats) However I feel that the Democrats really pushed me to become a Republican.

It does not matter if the war was right or wrong. We are deeply committed to it. We can't just pull out like the Dems would have us believe. To insult the leader of the free world AND the defense system that makes it all possible is in my opinion, proposterous and sacreligious.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I'm shocked! If there was ever a war (and there are few) that needed to be fought, it was WWll. Pappy Boyington and men like him truly protected freedom. If it were not for that "greatest generation" and their courage, we might not be a free country today! That generation, from all the allied nations, truly fought for a just cause, and saved this earth from madmen! SHAME on the student government at UW.

Do these young people not know their history? WWll was not a Vietnam! To quote Jennifer's article:

"Along with the Navy Cross, Boyington was awarded the Medal of Honor by President Franklin D. Roosevelt for his heroism. He was shot down and spent 20 months in a Japanese prisoner-of-war camp."

Lest we forget!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I remember college as a very bubble-like society. Things were so much different in the real world.
Apparently the people quoted in the story are upset because they have gotten a lot of backlash from their comments. They should really thank people like Pappy for doing what they did so they can say things like that and not be jailed!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow I just have to say that "Rich White Boy" thing is way out of line I don't know what the guy did after he was out of the military, but I do know that people in the military ARE NOT paid as much as people think they never have been and probably never will be. I wish I could slap both of those students.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts