Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our cat, Scully, is an orange tabby...sort of. She has the tabby facial markings, plus stripes on her legs and tail. But her body is really interesting. The darker orange color that makes up the stripes, almost completely covers her back, and on her sides she has circles and whorls of dark color. It's very unique (especially when she was pregnant and the two circles on her side really bulged out).

I'm at work right now, so I can't post any pictures, but I was wondering if this was just a variation on tabby markings or something different?

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, that is a lot more like her markings. She has no stripes except on her face, and only one or two on her legs. Other than that, she looks much like the cat in the picture.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Scully is a classic tabby. There are four tabby patterns. The striped one is mackeral tabby, the spotted one is (surprise) spotted tabby, the swirly one is classic, and the one that is featured in abbysinian cats is ticked. Does that help?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Mackerel and marmalade tabby

Do 'mackerel' and 'tiger' _I suppose that's a colloquial name_refer to the same pattern or what is the difference? Thank-you :D

I like marmalades, striking markings

1 - 10 of 10 Posts