Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to make sure she will be ok with it and not total freak out when I bring her home a friend, she get very sad when i leave and wait by the door for me to come home and i was think it might be good if she has a little buddy? let me know what ya all think.

thank's

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK well brought her home but it has not gone well. Mija my cat almost bite me when I tried to pet her, because I smelled like the other cat. I washed my hand s and she tolerated me. In the morning she was laying in her usual spot on the bed at my feet. And she seemed fine. So I tried again. I had put the little kitty in the bathroom over night so it would not stress mija out too much. I took mija to the bathroom where the little kitty was and let her explore she smelled her once Hissed and ran off. I'm worried if I keep the little kitty that mija will be upset with me and that it will ruin the really special bond we already have. We are very close; she follows me everywhere, and cuddles with me on the couch... It was strange I was trying to play with the two of them and mija and the kitty where about 5 feet apart. And when the toy would come near mija she would go after it and when the toy would come to kitty she would come after it. I love mija and don't want to lose our special relationship because she can't get over her self. My husband wants to get rid of her the little kitty. I want to keep her a little while longer.

·
Registered
722 Posts
It takes TIME hehe. It took Envy about 3 days to grow accustomed to Chaos, and it took her about a week to go back to the way she was with me before we got Chaos. Envy is 5 months old btw and we have had the new kitten about 2 weeks. Now they are the best of friends and play with each other/sleep with each other curled up on my lap.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sounds like this is very normal introduction behavior. It could last for several days, but over time, you'll see a tolerance in your older cat. My 8-yr. old wasn't thrilled when I brought home a 12-week old kitty, but in a matter of a few days, they were co-existing in the same room, without hissing at each other. Now, they chase each other around the room!

Rest assured that this sounds normal, and it just takes time.

Lisa

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I was really worried and I think i'm going to keep her.

Something strange happened the other day. me and Mija where on the couch and all of a sundden she fly's off the couch to the glass door and was all pissed at this other cat on the other side of the glass it was very strange she did not like the cat at all. my husband scared the cat off but mija was a little stressed out for a while. I have never seen her do that.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Since you added another cat and Mija is aware that this can happen now, another cat could move into her house, maybe she now feels she needs to defend her territory against any other cats....i.e. keep those outside cats outside.

Hopefully your two will get along well soon. I added another cat to my household almost a year ago...Kitty is still mad at me and hates Thomas.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok this is the update. Mija is feeling a little better. she still has her hiss fit's but yesterday was a good day. she is tolerating the smell of the little kitty better now. Oh by the way named the little kitty... LOLA is her name.

There is this cat that keeps coming up on to my balcony, I chased the cat away twice last night. Now there are two cat's the feel they need to come up to the glass window and sit there and stare at Mija. Mija dose not like them.

One of the cat's just won't go away. I have to really try and chase it away and it just comes back, and back and back. The last time I went to chase it away, when I opened the door the cat tried to come in the house, I had to hold Mija back from running outside after the cat and Mija dose not like to go outside at all. it was very strange, I'm not sure why this cat is hanging around.

To help Mija feel better I went out and spent 30.00 $ on kitty toy's and treats, not that she needed any more to add to the 20 she already has but I think it helped a little. Don't worry got toy's for the Lola too.

I'm not sure what to do about this cat that hangs around...?

·
Registered
105 Posts
erika - Do you know if the kitty that is hanging around belongs to someone or are they stray? If they are stray, you could probably call into a nearby shelter and see if they take in strays, if not, animal control would take them in and them check them out before taking them to shelters. (That's what I had to do with a stray kitten I found around the grounds of my apartment 2 weeks ago. I made sure it was a no-kill policy before I did though). Hope you find a solution! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I came Home today and this cat was taking a cat nap on my blacony. I walked right up to him and draged him torwads me and pet him, very frendly cat. Mija watched him sleep a while but this time she didn't freak out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts