Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're making some changes to our mobile applications at the end of this month that we would like to share with you.

First, the two apps (PetGuide.com Free and Petguide.com) are being discontinued by the software developer that created them for us. As such, those apps will not work past May 30th, 2015.

Second, we are introducing a new way to access the forum through mobile applications. You can download our new, free, PetGuide.com Application. The new PetGuide app is based on our Topify in-web version, and is developed with photos and videos in mind, and allows you to save your favorite forums, receive notifications, change your theme, and access all of your favorite PetGuide communities. We work very closely with the developers of this application, so we can build and add custom features as requested by the community; a luxury we did not have with the former applications. Please send us your ideas!

Lastly, we will be allowing Tapatalk users to now access the sites via their app. However, because it is not affiliated with our company, we do not provide technical assistance.

We hope that you will take some time to experience our new application - and together, make it the best application out there for accessing your favorite Pet forums!

Lastly, we will be allowing Tapatalk users to now access the sites via their app. However, because it is not affiliated with our company, we do not provide technical assistance.

You can download the apps here :

Apple Store app :
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/petguide-free-petguide.com/id983373217?mt=8

Android Store app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.topify.petguide

Thank you,

Community Support

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
OH NOoooo! I've loved the simplicity of the phone app...:eek:

How will the New PetGuide.com App work on a phone? Do you need a specific browser to use it?
Will it still work to easily add photos from your phone to the site? :what:

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I'm a bit confused. It's now past April 30, but I can still use the old PetGuide app on my phone. I wonder if the administrator meant the end of this month (as originally stated in the first sentence) and meant to say May 31 instead?

How can we differentiate the old PetGuide from the newer version?

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
I just hope it's user friendly for phones...:eek:
I don't have a 'note' or 'tablet'!
I also hope a Link is provided, and instructions!:p:D

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Radtech,
Yes, there's a phone app, I've absolutely loved it!
But now it's sounding like it's going away soon...:rolleyes: :(
Sharon

·
Administrator
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
26,399 Posts
The Android link doesn't work. :(

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Nope....Android link is a 'No Go'...:eek:
Hope that gets resolved soon!

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Any word on an improved link for Android? Getting nervous here!:p

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Still no Luck with the android link!:(

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
YAY!! Thank You, Thank You! It works!
Definitely a different format!

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
A Suggestion...a simple 'Exit' key, along with the 'Sign Out' key would be handy! Maybe the 'Exit' key could be in the upper right settings 'box'...
it would be nice to quickly exit, without having to completely sign out!

·
Administrator
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you referring to the 'Exit' key that brings you back to the app dashboard or a complete app exit?

The sign out option is available in the left slide out menu.

~Kay

·
Registered
0 Posts
It would be nice to leave the thread and go back to the place we were on the updated or whichever other list. Right now, we leave a thread and have to go back to start.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
An 'Exit' key, that would let you exit the app, without having to sign out! So you could easily check back in!

Also agree with Mocha's Mommy, there's something weird about trying to leave the threads...

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
New app, when you hit reply, doesn't let you see what you're replying to (under quick reply) like the old app did/does...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts