Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to thank everyone that responded to my post "male kitten marking." My five month old siamese was marking and I was at my wits end.

Much to my dismay and horror and through process of elimination I finally realized that all of the marking was not being done by Ricky some of it was, but not all of it! This I am so glad about because I can say without hesitation that Ricky has not marked in at least one week, if not longer. I have kept him confined when I'm not home, used NM for cleaner and have Feliway everywhere! It seems as though his hormones are levelling out. I can't tell you how relieved I am about this. This little guy is more like a Ragdoll than a Siamese and we just love him so much!

Unfortunately I have determined that one of my Boston's has a raging UTI, blood in his urine and crystals. I know some of you will think I'm a real dumb-dumb for not figuring this out before hand but he is 6 and has never, ever peed in the house, even as a puppy! I never thought for a minute it could have been him. Now that I know it's him, he is being treated and hopefully he will be feeling back to his old self soon!

Thanks again for all the advice, much appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Yay, Ricky!!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I checked your pics. Ricky is a Colorpoint!!

Yep they're a lot like ragdolls. Except less furry, and 5 time smarter, and 10 times louder and 20 times more energetic.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Thanks for the update...glad to hear Ricky is no longer marking. Glad to hear you found out about your Boston's UTI, that was a surprise.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Colorpoint is "for all intents and purposes a Siamese".

I'm a proud Colorpoint servant. They're the smartest and most vocal kitties around. You're in for a treat. And some demands. You are about to be owned.
As another proud owner (though mine aren't purebreds, some kind of colorpoint and/or siamese mix), I second that, so true. :p

They're certainly no walk in the park, but 100% worth it! I wouldn't trade one noisy, demanding, attention-hogging minute of their time with me for anything. ;)

I'm glad you were able to figure out the issue Sheryl, and I hope your Boston gets well soon!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ricky is not my first Siamese so I do know what I'm in for thankfully! However he is much, much different from my old guy I lost last year. Ricky goes completely limp when I pick him up, like a wet noodle! And if he is sitting there and I touch him or give him a little push he falls right over and rolls over for belly rubs!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Ricky is not my first Siamese so I do know what I'm in for thankfully! However he is much, much different from my old guy I lost last year. Ricky goes completely limp when I pick him up, like a wet noodle! And if he is sitting there and I touch him or give him a little push he falls right over and rolls over for belly rubs!
Heehee. I have one who does that. And then my other just spazzes out when I try to hold her for too long. Athena only snuggles on her terms, whereas Apollo melts like a ragdoll any time anyone touches him or picks him up. It's funny.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Mia WON'T be picked up. Monday night I tried to get a hold of her for flea meds and she hasn't come near me since. Except at bed time. Then she comes in for the snuggles and purrs.

This is a kitty who used to follow me everywhere and jump up on my lap or jump on a chair before I could get there. I can't wait to get that "Big Personality" back in the groove. For a while I was thinking she was too demanding but its worth it. She's such a little doll but everything is on her terms.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Maybe you have a Siamese/Ragdoll mix? Raggies are known for going limp when picked up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts