Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys! I figured I would give you all an update on how my Andie is doing since it is exactly one week since I took her home from the hospital.

She has pooped everyday since Saturday, checking the litterbox and finding that is like Christmas morning for me lol. She has been off the appetite stimulants since Monday, and so far so good... she is eating very well (sometimes almost too well!). She actually likes the Pill Pockets! So I dont have to shoot the pills down her throat anymore, which was making her hate me. She gets a Pill Pocket with Pepcid in the morning, about an hour before the liquid Zithromax. She still HATES the Zithromax... but this morning was the first time I gave it to her and she didnt run away after. She got annoyed, but she let me give her treats and then she just hopped on her window perch and watched the ice storm going on outside. Every other morning, she hides from me.... she also gets a Pill Pocket with a bronchodialator at night....

She is finally bathing herself... spending more time awake... and she is actually cuddling into her bed instead of just crouching (in "meatloaf position" as I call it) and sleeping with her head up all the time... she looks like she is getting back to herself :)

So.... yay, right??? I am hoping I didnt just jinx her!

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Wonderful news!

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Wonderful! sounds like she's making an excellent recovery.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
That was an awesome update! I especially liked reading that she doesn't shoot away after you have to medicate her. I think she's understanding that you don't like doing it to her, but you have to help her (meds) because you love her.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Yay! I'm glad to see this update. You're also the first person I've heard say they had luck with Pill Pockets. Everyone else I know who has tried them, said their cat wasn't having any part of them, at least after the first one. Good to know there's such a thing as success with them!

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Great news about Andie! :smile:

And I love your name for the hunkered-down not-feeling-so-good posture ~ "meatloaf position" :lol:! So accurate! It's a dead giveaway that Gracie's been a kitchen thief when we see her like that....

:) Fran

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
glad you all liked my update. I like it too!! lol.

I am thrilled that Andie is eating the Pill Pockets... I can only hope that this will continue until she is done with her meds.

I am also glad you like my description of the crouching down position... she looks like a meatloaf in a pan... lol. When she sits up perfectly, back straight, like cats often do, I call that position "Proper Kitty."

Soooo.... so far so good with Andie! What a difference a week makes!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Non-pet people just don't understand the joy of finding that long-awaited turd in the litterbox. Yay for Andie!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Non-pet people just don't understand the joy of finding that long-awaited turd in the litterbox. Yay for Andie!

SOOOO true!!! I am telling you, it's like Christmas :) AND, she was sharpening her claws on my recliner yesterday, with lots of force... and I said "yaaaay! Good girl!!" lol... cause I was so happy to see her stretching and sharpening her claws with such energy! She had been so sluggish. Normally, I would tell her to stop doing that lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts