Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided that after my few weeks on break and being in the job I'm in... I want to go back to school! :D I am so glad I decided to take a break - it has really gotten me to focus on what's important! I'm going to finish my bachelor's degree in Liberal arts so I can substitute teach anywhere my heart desires... and whatever else I do is just gravy (anyone else use this term?) I'm hoping to go to vet school or something of the like...

Anyways - as far as my job goes... I'm starting to like it less and less. Not that it is overly difficult... it's just the snobbery and the back biting. The second day I went to work the place was robbed... and my manager's stupid boyfriend thought I (and everyone else that worked there) did it. :roll: He acts nice... but I can tell he thinks I do everything... he complains about how I tie the trash cans (which he nor anyone else does) - he is trying to get me either fired - or doesn't like me... whichever.

On top of that... the boss thinks I'm "quiet" with the customers - while I know that a lot of other girls are... but since I don't talk with her... of course I'm obviously "the one" the customers are complaining about. I say hello to everyone and joke around with anyone who will let me.

How silly is that? I can't wait until I get a carrier and not just a job. At least if someone has a problem with me - it'll be over my teaching style or whatever... and not how I "Didn't get enough cups or cleaned good enough" :roll:

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Good for you! I had a professor once tell me the best motivation for going back to school and working hard is to find a distasteful job ... :wink:

I agree with taking time off sometimes, if you can get back on track. When I started college right after high school I was soooo unmotivated. I took some time off. When the time was right, I went back ... now I'm maintaining my motivation and have a really good GPA.

So, good luck! I'm sure you'll do well now that the decision and motivation are all your own!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts