Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
Lily is a very pretty cat!! I buy Blue Buffalo for Jack and the rest will nibble it too. No one has gotten sick on it. It's not their favorite but when they pulled the EVO off the shelves that is what I bought. I'm going back to EVO when I finish this bag.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I feed my 10 house cats and 6 ferals Purina Naturals chow and for wet food they get Friskies Poultry Platter, whose first ingredient is turkey. It's the best food I can afford for 16 cats. All my cats supplement their diets with hunting and right now they are stalking and eating grasshoppers by the hundreds. Not that they have to.

Don't feel bad about not giving your cat better food. Adequate food, fresh water and love is what they need.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Oh my Lily is such a beauty. I love that little pink nose!!
Wow a 14 hour journey. I've never had to do that with mine.
First thing that comes to mind is to get a kitty harness and start getting her used to going outside with it on. Then use it every few hours on the journey. Also make sure she has plenty of fresh water in the breaks too.
That said with my kitty Tosca it would be very hard to get her harnessed and to get her in the box and out. I guess the other option would be to break the journey up maybe into two with one stop at a hotel that will allow cats. Then you can keep her in the room with you over night and a tray and food and water. Good luck!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks so much. We are going to start training her to day to begin in the car for short rides that are not Dr related. I'm also planning on getting her a harness and leach and getting her a big enough carrier that allows space for her, a disposable cat litter box and we plan on getting hanging food plates that we can get for the carrier. We will also make stops along the way where the harness comes in handy to give her a few minutes of stech time. Will also be staying a night at my best friends house on our way there.
Here are current pics of our baby girl Lily!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is Lily today when I took her to Petco for a "Fun" outing. It was just to get her use to being in the car for something other than a vet visit. We also got her a harness and a leash for $15.99 she took well to it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts