Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was doing a photo session today on her and I noticed this weird slightly yellowish mucus thing hanging out of her :eek: (kind of like amiotic sac) wat is this (could it be mucus plug 8O :? , and if so this mean that she is going into labor soon :roll: She is due in around 9 - 10 days so if anything would the babies be premature :? (Aamelia is 9 months old at this point) Oh also when does she start producing milk cause her teats seem full but there is no milk yet Sorry for so many questions but this is my first time going through a cat pregnacy and I'm worried sick :oops:

She looks like a tank now 8) lol :lol:

WARNING FIRST 2 PICS ARE KIND OF GRAPHIC (SO SKIP IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE OFFENDED)

Also is this box good enough for her to give birth in? (Btw it is in a dark half opened - half closed closet just that on picture it came out bright)

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Cats usually like a smaller box in which to give birth. If there's time, I would prepare a smaller box. The discharge is typical of a cat that is going to give birth soon. I would check her frequently. She's quite young, so I would keep your vet's number and the ER vet's number close by.

I hope this helps.
http://cats.about.com/cs/pregnancybirth ... irth_3.htm

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Wow! Shes only a kitten herself! 8O

From my memory the mucus plug was more of a brownish colour. Oh well, time will tell.

As Jeanie said, keep your vets number near by and keep us updated. :)

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Any kittens yet??? Princess had hers yesterday on Mothers Day!! We have four.....

There is a pic posted if you haven't seen it already.....

:kittyball

1 - 5 of 5 Posts