Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a good deal on chicken legs and quarters. I cut up a tupperware container's worth of chicken bits and little bones (the caps of the leg bone which I am not sure is bone or cartilage and also ribs) and a tupperware of deer liver. I have offered a serving of this everyday (around five or so) to Otis.

Now everyday she BEGS. She searches the kitchen for her raw meal. I do leave her with kibble so she isn't starving but she has barely eaten any of it?

My only problem is I have to put a little tuna juice on the chicken to get her to eat. But then she mows it down. She loves liver too, even without tuna juice. \

At some point I want to offer her bigger pieces as well as whole mice. But I think she is doing ok so far.

Any thoughts? Thanks. I want what is best for the little beast.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
my first suggestion would be to get rid of the kibble. Which can take a 12 hour time period to completely digest and could cause issues of vomiting the raw. Since raw digests faster.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also would remove the kibble.

Spook was begging for food about mid day and so I started feeding him a third meal at lunch. This helped a lot. I would suggest (if your not already) feeding 2-3 times a day.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Agreeing with everything that has been said. I would offer some canned instead of kibble if you can't do 100% raw at this time. Remember, even FRISKIES wet is better than 99% of ALL kibbles out there.

That being said, why can't you do 100% raw? She clearly wants that... :p

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know this is not ideal but I leave kibble for her in the morning. She might eat a bite of it. Seriously, I am only on the second bag of kibble since I brought her inside. In the evening, I give her raw. She doesn't eat that much of it either. She is a small cat, even the vet said as much. I will feed off the rest of the kibble and then decide what to do.

The problem is the dogs. I feed her on my sewing table and Dozer, being a mastiff, can still reach it. I can not shut any doors where I live so I have been monitoring Otis as she eats. Sometimes she finishes her raw, sometimes she doesn't. I leave it there until bed time. Sometimes Dozer beats me to it.

I also offer canned. I have tried fancy feast, friskies, Newmans own, and this brand from walmart with ok ingredients that I cant remember the name. She maybe takes a bite and leaves the rest. After a while I cover it and put it in the fridge. I had to throw two cans away because she keeps refusing it.

I had her at the vet and she is being treated for roundworms. Hopefully, she eats more when she is all better. My schedule is all over the place so feeding raw multiple times isn't an option at this time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Frustration. Now she ONLY will eat kibble. Doesn't touch canned or raw (except liver). What should I do?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts