Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well she was no where to be found since last nite, she has been hanging around in my patio for the last few months and not missing a day waiting for her food and she loves her warm bed in the patio. as you know i had appointment for tomorrow to get her fixed but maybe too late for that.. i think she is having her babies now but it is cold and raining outside and suppose to go to low 20's next couple of nites!! i am now worried for her.. where could she be hiding?
the last week or so she has been sleeping and eating alot and her belly got too big too fast.
keeping my finger crossed that everything is ok!!

sorry did not type stray cat right!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
her 4 months old kitten is not around either.. i am pretty sure she is with mommy..

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
First, I'm sure she has some hidey-hole all picked out that is perfectly suitable and she and older kitt are waiting out the weather.
Sorry about the appt. Too bad it couldn't have been arranged sooner, especially it turns out she has given birth.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well.. it is 930 am on thursday 25 degrees!!.. kitten came last nite and ate in the patio and took off after a while.. no sign of mom! i left the garage a little open since they use to go there but nothing this morning.
i went for 1/2 hr walk around this morning and made some noises and no luck with mom but i saw the kitten hanging around pool area by herself.
i like to be positive but this not looking good, no food for 36 hrs and this cold weather, how long can she last? i hope she had no birth complications.
i am thinking she is in the same location that she had her last three kittens!
please pray for her and the kittens

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Praying for mom and babies. Is there anyway you can capture the older kitten, and get her fixed before she has babies?
i am working on that with some foster organization group.. the kitten is scare of everything so we have to spay her and get her back here for now since it is hard to get her adopted the way she is. i have been waiting to see what is going on with her mom cat. it is so weird.. she hangs around my cats when i take mine for walk. tuesday nite i took my cats out for walk through patio and they were both hanging around with us like every other nites and when i brought my cats in for the nite she always comes to patio but i never saw her anymore after that!!
i am afraid something happened to her and i feel kind of guilty.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
If momcat ate well before she birthed, and had at least 4-5 kittens, she would have eaten all the placentas and that would have given her enough nourishment for a couple of days. I would think something happened to her or she's found another food source if you don't see her in a few more days. If it's been cold she may be very reluctant to leave them. Momacats really don't like to leave their litter the first week. I hope you can trap her older kitty. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts