Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ridley seems to be settling in rather well. I was a bit of a bad cat-mum initially and didnt take much notice of him beyond feeding time, but he has managed to snuggle his way into my heart.

Such a daft cat - a gentle giant. You could literally do anything to him.

He likes his wet food - but has been used to eating supermarket junk food up until now so its proving a challenge to try to get him to eat something a little healthier. He sure packs the food away though :lol: and he loves his cat milk :D

He is very active for a ten year old cat (or Toby was just bone-idle :lol:) - loves playing and chasing things and goes mad for catnip.

I've got pet insurance for him now and he will be going to the vet soon for vaccinations/microchipping etc. He is quite keen (no, actually VERY keen) on going outside but we will have to see about that nearer the time (no lectures on indoor/outdoor cats please, heard them all before). Apart from anything else, my accomadation situation is rather 'fluid' in nature at the moment so he might be better off staying indoors until it stabilises a bit.

Anyway - he is a lovely wee lad and we are bonding nicely :D

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Ridley seems to be settling in rather well. I was a bit of a bad cat-mum initially and didnt take much notice of him beyond feeding time, but he has managed to snuggle his way into my heart.
I'm glad you and Ridley are doing so well. I wanted to comment on your first paragraph, though. You were not a bad cat-mum. You had just lost Toby, so you were still grieving his passing. I'm sure Ridley knew that you were going through the grieving process and was giving you some space, while biding his time. Now, of course, you must more Ridley pics. :p

·
Banned
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh I think more Ridley pics could be arranged :D

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Glad your getting on so well, helping another cat in need of a home can help heal your heart.
Years ago my office had a large red tabby name Riley (he lived the life of Riley) and he was a cat nip junkie.
I used to go to the local nursery and in their herb section buy him a cat nip plant.
The fresh flower would just make his eyes glaze over and he'd start to drool.
The office manage disapproved as he'd be grouchy the next day and swipe at her.
I tried growing it in my yard and the plant got about 2 feet tall before the neighborhood had a party in my yard and tore it out of the ground and chewed it up.
Cat Nip is a member of the mint family and quite easy to grow, fresh is much better then what you buy at the store.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts