Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of you may remember Sandy. She's my now not-so-new kitten - 7 months old. I got her when she was 13 weeks. She's a bengal.

A quick reminder of her when she was young...

... and now some more up-to-date photos, as she discovers the outside for the first time:

Barney

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Re: An update on Sandy, a bengal kitten

She's gorgeous! Grown up to be quite a beauty. (Her gray friend is a cutie too :) ).

And your photos are beautiful - what kind of camera are you using?

Fran

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: An update on Sandy, a bengal kitten

Thanks Fran!

The camera is a DSLR - a Canon 1D Mark II to be specific (probably too much information! :) )

We actually got Sandy to keep Anakin, our Russian Blue, company. He is 3 months older than Sandy - but the Savannah kitten we had with Anakin unforunately died aged 4 months.

So Sandy has come in, and she and Anakin are now best friends. Anakin has grown up well - we had problems with him initially, as he wasn't eating, but now he seems fine.

Just for interest, a few photos of him as he has grown up:

Barney

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Wow! What a wonderful update and great photos! *I've always loved your photos!* ...and I *really* loved the pics of Sandy leaping after the toy in the back yard! How high can she jump?

·
Banned
95 Posts
o my goodness your photos are fantastic! i could look at them for hours. your cats are gorgeous too..i would love to own a bengal one day..they are stunning.

are you on flickr by any chance?

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I came back to look at your photos again, and I saw something I didn't see the first time around...

Does Sandy have a shaved area on her left flank? Is that how they did her spay?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments!

Catalat - I am afraid I don't use flickr. Do you? I do use mac galleries sometimes (through mobileme) ...

Heidi - yes, this is how they did Sandy's spay - on her left hand side. The vet decided, given that she is so active, that she was less likely to tear if he did the spay to the side as opposed to on the underside of her tummy. But it does mean that the shaved fur is a bit more noticeable.

Bit worried about Anakin tonight :( Suddenly discovered he's limping and got a really swollen right front paw. He was fine a few hours ago. Can't find anything lodged in it, so no idea what's caused it. But going to have to go to the vet tomorrow, clearly.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Oh, poor Anakin! :patback My first thought would be a reaction to a bug bite. Next came a wound (abcess) and finally injury.... I'm sure the vet will be able to help him, no matter what it is.
*I'm hoping for the bug-bite, only because I think that would heal the fastest.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Desnbaby

Heidi - you were right! Bug bite! Amazing how the paw puffed up to three times the size - but then went down just as fast!

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I knew it! I knew it! I *knew* I was psychoti... um... psycho? :? No. No, no, no! :oops: I meant to say psychic. Yeah, psychic. I'm psychic. :mrgreen:

Yay! I'm very glad it went down quickly. Poor Anakin-kitty was probably miserable when it was swollen so tight.
h

1 - 14 of 14 Posts