Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday Satin warmed up to me a little bit and continued to play with Tuffy under the door - there has been no hissing between them the last few days which is of course a good thing.

We decided to let Satin out of her room for abit today, she seemed to be getting bored stuck in that room and I can't say I blame her, thought it might do her good to get a change in scenery. So I took Tuffy into the bedroom and hubby opened Satins room.

She came out and nosed around, abit timid but she looked to be having fun exploring - only got as far as the one bathroom and living room.

Tuffy slid under the bedroom door - didn't know he could do that one, but it worked out fine, they just sniffed at each other, touched noses once or twice. No hissing, Tuffy likes to run up to her which seems to intimidate her abit but she holds her ground, and will bat at him if he gets too close when she's not wishing him too. BUT no big fights!

After awhile she walked back to her room and climbed up to her favorite sleeping spot, looking like she's ready for a nap, I figure it was probably enough stress for one day, so I closed the door again, so she can sleep without worrying about Tuffy coming into her room.

The only thing to mar the experience was that I found some throw up in her room, I decided to clean out her litter box while she was out of the room and right beside the box was a pile I thought was poop - you know as if she just pooped over the edge of the box by accident, but it did not smell like poop - rather like cat food, I could still see the kibbles, looked like she didnt' digest it at all, and the wet food too, so now I'm worried as to why she threw up. It looked like all cat food with very little phlem or anything else.

After she went back to her room, I went back to check on her and it smelled like she did a poo - so I checked and sure enough she did a poo- finally formed but still soft, so the diarrhea is better, but why now throwing up? Not sure - but hope she is ok and it was a one time thing. She seems to be feeling ok - playing etc.

Anywho - thats my update on Satin - I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
It could just be nerves or eating too fast.

Sounds like the short intro went great. :grin:

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Throw up that is undigested is usually the result of regurgitation, which in turn signals that she's eating too quickly. As Marie noted, it could also be the stress. It sounds like Satin and Tuffy will be friends in no time. I'm glad to hear Satin is starting to warm up to you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts