Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure if any of you remember me getting two baby chickens for my birthday in January?

Well here they are now..

Sarah (the white chicken) is getting huge! (Not to mention heavy to pick up!) They've actually grown alot bigger since these pics, they get bigger every day! ,

They've claimed themselves one of the loungechairs as their chair, and if they are ever let inside they run straight for it. They both come when called (they get so excited they actually fly at me whilst clucking like crazy), and both the cats and dogs get along with them great (yet the dogs are still focused on getting at the chickens nextdoor). The only downside is they hate getting picked up, so its a chase around the yard to get a cuddle out of them! When they're in my arms they're quite happy to settle down and go to sleep, they'll jump up on my lap or shoulder whist im on the computer sometimes. Ive always wanted to be able to actually wrap my arms around a bird to cuddle it, now i can! Its so awesome.

Anyways, there's my update on the chooks. :)

·
Registered
928 Posts
lol, nice looking birdies :) And lucky ones too -- My boyfriend has ten chooks on his farm but they definately don't get the run of the house!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
That's so cool! Can't they be great company? I had my old fighting rooster that I rescued, and ohhhh he was always talkin' to me & chatting up a storm, wouldn't get five feet away from me, he knew my sign for "I just stirred up some leaves, come get some worms!", and he looooooved cats and dogs. We all used to go on walks together :)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
That's hilarious! Your chickens are so funny. I laughed when I went from the cute fuzzy baby chicky picture to two grown chickens on the bed. I love how the dark one has its leg stuck out over the white one's back. :lol:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Ohhhh... such sweet little "beeps".....(I always call baby chicks that... little beeps)... and they've grown into such cute birds !!!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Your dog is OK with them? I love that picture!! and yes they are getting huge, they are still cute though.
How is the potty training? I am curious!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't realy toilet trained them, we just make sure there is a towel on their favourite seat and for the floor their droppings are so dry they can just be sweeped out the door. Most of the time they just come in to have a bit out a sleep then they're outside again so dont realy do anything inside anyhow. :)

And yes they get along great with both the dogs and cats, im very proud considering neither of the cats had met a chicken before and both my dogs have in the past attacked my neighbours chickens when they've escaped into our yard.

Another pic from when they where a bit younger.

(Notice how Favoury is watching my neighbours chickens through the fence yet shows no interest in our own? :lol: I guess they learn pretty quickly who's family and who's not)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts