Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I wish I was introducing myself under better circumstances.

My cat Sushi gave birth to her 3rd litter last night. The first two had no problems...

This time, we were not there to oversee the birth. When we got home, we found one kitten in the litter sand her birth sac (?) was still attached. When we tied the cord up with some dental floss and cut it. There was blood. More than usual.

This morning, I checked on the kitten. He was so weak and not feeding and he pooped blood. I tried extracting milk from Sushi by using a dropper and feeding it to him. He seemed to take it, licking the liquid a bit.

There are two other kittens. They sleep and eat as usual.

My friend vet's advice is to do what I was doing.

I would appreciate some help. I'm panicking. I don't want to loose him.

-Melki

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Welcome and sorry your arrival is under stressful times ...

The best you can do all by yourself is keep the kitten warm and fed, but I don't think that will be enough for this kitten. Pooping blood is NOT normal and I would have to suggest taking the kitten to an Emergency vet RIGHT NOW. Chances are, there may not be anything that can be done for the Little One other than helping it to pass over, but if there *is* something to be done ... it needs to be done right away and a veterinarian is your best bet for saving the kitten's life, in that case.
Best wishes,
heidi =^..^=

1 - 2 of 2 Posts