Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is regarding my foster kitten. She is being seen by a vet but I would like opinions because I have to wait till Monday to call. She had URI and conjunctivitis.

She put her on Clavamox and after a time her eye was still quite swollen and she couldn't open it. So she gave me Terramycin eye drops. (I asked her then if there could be damage to the eye as everything I read indicated that when the eyes are closed too long, hers have been closed 2 weeks. She said yes but there was nothing to be done, it had to open on it's own. She asked if I wanted eye drops and advised sometimes cats have a reaction to them. I said yes.) She has been on them a few days. She is finally able to open the eye.

She has a whitish colored film over the eye. It is NOT her third eyelid. It is NOT an abrasion. It looks a lot like scar tissue? I know only a vet can diagnose this but I need to have an idea what is going on now, Monday is far off. My biggest concern is, is this treatable or will she lose her sight in the eye? ( I have tried flushing it and to no avail. )

Thank you for any ideas or suggestions. Again she is being seen by a vet and I am calling her on Monday regardless of what I learn here. :)

Atlanta Veterinary Eye Clinic - For Veterinarians

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
What you describe sounds almost like a cataract, but I think this would be unusual in so young a cat. Just hope she's not blind. I think you've done everything you can for her. Does the rescue/shelter you foster for allow a second vet opinion? That's one option I guess. Pray and keep fingers crossed that whatever it is, is temporary and will get better. Let us know what the vet says on Monday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts