Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two male cats, the older (four years) is the dominent of the two. Recently, Caleb has started urinating occationally only on articles of my clothes. When I say recently, I mean maybe once every week - to week and a half. Also, I have noticed that he will only do this is I am not paying enough attention to him, or getting ready to go out.

I do not know how to remedy this, or dicipline him properly - as he is deaf. So yelling does not work, and he gets very scared if I spray with water. I have been locking him out of the room.

Any advice would be appriated.
P.S. He has also been to the vet recently of a fecal, and we have ruled out a UTI.

·
Registered
44 Posts
well..i heard on tv that to help stop spraying, you can put bowls of food wherever the cat is spraying because they won't spray where they eat.
i don't know if that's true though. :oops:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Try a feliway plug in. A friend of mine says it helps and his whole male doesn't spray that much anymore. So I'm sure it would help a neutered male. Try paying him more attention than normal if you may think that is why he is doing it. That does happen with cats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts