Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an eight month old domestic short hair tiger kitty who appears to be having trouble urinating. in the past week, he has urinated 3 times in places other than his litter box. the fact that he is urinating out of his litterbox is not my main concern, rather it is that the urine appears unusual. the urine has a somewhat thick, white substance on the top. he also vomitted the other morning. i thought it was due to the fact that he ate a cork, but when i looked at the vomit it was white and chunky, almost like chopped up potatoes. i dont know if this has anything to do with the urinating problems but i thought it would be good to mention. lastly, my kitty has spent every night in my bed since he was six weeks old and this past week he doesnt want me holding him nor does he sleep with me. if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Take kitty to the vet ASAP. Sudden litter box problems are often a sign of urinary tract infection (UTI) and can become very serious if left untreated.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yes it does sound like a UTI and this can be fatal. I dont mean to alarm you, however it is very serious! Please go to the vet immediatley.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I'm going to third the motion for a trip to a vet.

It's best to take care of these problems ASAP.

g'luck and let us know how it turns out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts