Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a female cat that when she is playing around and gets a lil agressive, she grabs you by her front paws, and the scratches the **** outta you with her back paws. I always thought that cats attacked with the front paws. Is this normal? My g/f has all male cats and the most active one (younger one) does the same thing with his toys. he will hold it with his front pays, and use his back pays to strike at it simultaneously

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Thats just kitten play. Try not to play with them with your hands as it will encourage it.
When cats fight they tend to do two things.
When they start off they kinda box each other with their front paws, kinda testing the other I guess. When a fight REALLY gets going they hold onto each other with their front paws, usually biting and basically kick/scratch the heck out of each other with their back paws.

But my kittens fight like this, not seriously never anything for me to jump an and break it up.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
It's normal. Sabby does it all the time. Last night, for example, I was playing with him with a toy. I guess he got tired of it because he grabbed it with his front paws, drew up his back legs, then let go with his front paws, and pushed it away from him with his back. It flew. Very entertaining.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Thomas so enjoys attacking Kitty in this manner that I gave him a substitute. A tube sock stuffed with a sprinkle of catnip and other socks (finally found a purpose for socks without mates)...I just tied up the top and viola, a fun toy that's big enough to wrestle with and claw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts