Cat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I have a cat that I brought to the emergency room almost a month ago because he wasn’t peeing and running to the litter box/trying to pee constantly. The emergency room vet treated him for a UTI even though they couldn’t get a urine sample from him. They said his bladder was empty. I got a follow up appointment with my vet a week or two later and they prescribed him some medicine even though they didn’t even check his urethra or get a urine sample. I had explained all I thought I saw him pee was small amounts so that’s why they prescribed the medicine. I never gave it to him because on our way back home, he peed just fine. Today, I noticed he peed a normal amount but after that, he kept trying to pee and even tried to pee on the couch and in a basket, which he never does. He’s definitely straining. He’s also licking near his butt a lot. I gave him the onisor and prozasin today which is what the vet prescribed him and I never gave. Could you all provide me some knowledge on whether or not prozasin and onisor are going to help the problem? Or should I go to the emergency vet again? I really can’t afford it so that’s why I went ahead and gave him the prozasin and onisor today. I feel like an idiot for not giving him the medicine when prescribed two weeks ago, but I was very skeptical considering they didn’t even look at his urethra or get a urine sample and he peed a normal amount on the way home. I now realize him peeing in the crate was abnormal/inappropriate behavior. Please let me know if I need to do more than just the prozasin and onisor, like go to the emergency room. Thank you all so much in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts