Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was curious how, if at all, Vala's behavior would change when it got cold. Our cats growing up would always get far more cuddly when it was cold, but they were never big cuddlers otherwise. Vala is, so I wasn't sure if I would notice a difference.

Turns out the biggest difference is where she sleeps. During the summer she slept on my bed most of the time, but it was usually down next to my feet, either not touching me at all or just barely pushed up against one limb. Now she's very much up by my chest and face. I woke up twice early this morning, once with her actually under the covers sleeping on my chest, which she's never done before. The other she was next to my face, with one paw under my head, and one on top of my cheek, so she was actually hugging my face. That actually seems to be pretty common now. Having a paw on my face somehow. Even when she's down on my chest, she'll have one arm stretched out so she can put a paw on my chin or over my mouth.

She's also much more intent on staying in the bed. Used to be when I rolled over, she'd jump off. Now, even when she's right on top of me, as long as I don't roll over really suddenly, she just stays where she is, like she's just riding the wave of the covers. Heh. That may more of a getting older thing than a winter thing, though.

Are there any differences in your cats behavior based on the seasons?

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Lucy is the one I notice most that changes with the seasons. Even in the summer months with the central air on, she never snuggles with me on my lap. As soon as things start to cool down though, and chilly fall comes around, she's on my lap almost every night. She's a long haired black and white, so I'm sure she gets quite warm in the summer months.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Muffs and Abby usually sleep on their cat trees in my bedroom. Since the colder weather has set in, Abby typically sleeps with me on the bed, most often by my feet. Muffs usually starts in her cat tree, although I often wake up in the morning to find her at the foot of my bed too. It's the one nice thing about winter!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts