Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat plays with vegetables and fruit if you leave them out. He'll take them out of the fruit bowl and the vegetable bowl. Right now he's playing with a clove of garlic. He never eats them, just bats them around on the ground until they go under the refrigerator. Then, the remain there until they rot, so I've been doing weekly fridge checks. I did see him bite into a lemon once, and he made a funny face. Maybe that is why he doesn't eat them, because they all must taste like lemon. I need to figure out a way to keep the veggies with edible skin away from him, because as much as I love him, I know where his paws have been!

:spam - at least he doesn't play with flatnose!

·
Super Moderator
26,806 Posts
My cats would probably play with vegetables if I left them out. Or bought them. :grin:

On another note, gastrointestinal issues and red blood cell damage can occur as a result of cats eating garlic. It would probably take a lot, but I wouldn't take a chance.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Sinatra loves fruits and veggies but I got wary of them when I found out grapes are poisonous for cats- grape stems are Sinatra's favorite! Who knows what else is bad for them...

·
Registered
624 Posts
Kitty play's with mandarins and oranges and other kind of fruit and veg, but Catty as no interest, whatsoever about vegatables or fruits.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I hear that tomatoes are bad for cats, but the one food (and only one food) that Ritz will eat is Max Cat's seafood & tomato bisque. That said, I certainly would not let Ritz eat cherry tomatoes.
A nutritionist I know routinely feeds her (pure bred) cat various vegetables, including cucumbers and cantalop.
I *wish* Ritz would eat vegetables but she hates them all, including pumpkin. Maybe it would help her GI/constipation/UTI problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts