Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came up with an idea today and put in some veggies in Taby's wet food. I give him a bit of wet food almost everyday. Is this good to put veggies in? How often? I suppose their diet doesn't require it but it can't hurt :wink:

Also, what I put was a bit of carrots, peas and broccoli. Are there any veggies that would be particularly bad for a cat? Or any food, for that matter?

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
I wouldn't use vegetables for more than a treat. The food you buy is already nutritionally balanced, and so adding veggies means he is getting less meat protein. I would just feed a small amount as a snack. My Levi will beg for brussel sprouts when it is dinner time.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I wouldn't add veggies to his diet. What does the wet food contain? Some wet foods allready have veggies in them and adding more won't do any good then. If the wet food only contains animal products some veggies would be OK to add but not more than ½-1 tbls a day.

Veggies aren't healthy to cats the same way they are for humans.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I didn't know that :( I don't actually see any veggies on the wet food. It's Whiskas, usually Tuna, Chicken and Tuna and Salmon 'cause they're the easiest to find here. I haven't got access to variety :( Since I split one can in 3 or 4 which is not a lot a day, that's another reason I wanted to put a lil extra in there.

But I'll only do it every once in a while. Thanks! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts